A value proposition is not a slogan or tagline, it is a statement that explains what benefits you provide and for who, and how you provide this benefit uniquely well (It is the primary reason a customer should buy from you!). It describes your target buyer, the problem you solve, or situation you improve, for your target buyer and why you are the best choice over their other options.
The first questions you should be asking yourself are:
- Is the problem you solve urgent for your target market?
- Is the product or service you offer unique and compelling?
- What are the benefits?
You want to present your value proposition as the first thing the visitors see and it’s not just for aesthetics, but ultimately, to improve your customer’s business and life. Value proposition is something anyone can easily understand and needs to be in the language of your customers. The best way to do this is to describe your offering and how they can benefit from it in a block of text.
Here’s an example outline you can follow to create your own value proposition:
- Headline: In 1 short sentence, what is the end benefit you are offering?
- Who is it for: (target customers, who are seeking?)
- 2-3 sentence paragraph of what you offer/ for whom and why it is useful
- What are the key benefits 2-3 bullet points
- How are you different from others in your field? (Begin with ‘Unlike other…’)
- Show an image reinforcing your main message.
Here is mine:
Offering Improved Performance in Your Business and Life
I provide Business/Personal Development Coaching to identify obstacles, and provide direction, feedback, support and accountability, so you can get where you want to go faster than on your own.
For Business Owners/Business Professionals who want to gain clarity, focus, and stay committed to their goals
- During Times of Important Transitions
- During Periods of Rapid Business Growth
- Owners/Leaders Who Need to be Re-energized to Build their Business and Staff
- During Times of Trouble
Unlike other coaches, I am an experienced Business Leader and a Certified Co-Active Coach through CTI, one of the most rigorous and respected training programs in the coaching industry.
Georganne Ford is the owner of By George Coaching/Consulting, a Bucks County based leadership and personal development coach accredited through the Coach Training Institute. To learn more about Georganne or her services, visitwww.bygeorgecoaching.com or call 215-738-5289.